May 21, 2016 Meeting Minutes
Saturday, May 21, 2016
8:30 am Meeting Held at Council 75 Office – Portland, OR
The A.F.S.C.M.E. Council 75 Conservative Caucus was founded in March 17, 2012, in recognition of the need for conservative beliefs and core values to be represented, by mobilizing and empowering members of Council 75.
We, the members of the Conservative Caucus of Council 75, will strive to create a Council, where all members and their ideas are respected and are encouraged, to express themselves without fear of ridicule.
Conservative Caucus Board Members Present:
President: Jeff Coffman, Local #3361 President: Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution
Vice President: Bob Hubbard, Local #3940, Snake River Correctional Institution
Treasurer: Bryan Branstetter: Local # 3361 Eastern OR Correctional Institution
Recording Secretary: Annette Skillman, Local #2376, Eastern OR Correctional Institution
Members at Large:
Via the Phone:
Excused Board Members:
Members at Large: Denis Choin, Local 3241; Ron Thompson, Local 2376, SRCI
Johnathan Spring – Web Master
Visiting Conservative Caucus Members: None
1. Meeting Called to Order: Chair Jeff Coffman called the meeting to order at 8:22 am.
2. Minutes from last meeting: No minutes were available. Secretary was excused from the previous meeting.
3. Chair Report: Follow up on meeting.
EOCI is down 40 in Security.
SRCI has 20 that will start shortly in Security.
Discussed sending out a CC flyer /sign up form. Annette will request a copy from Randy.
4. Treasurer Report: Bryan Branstetter reported on info as of April 30.
5. Membership: Annette reported that she thought the membership was about 200. She will obtain an updated report for the next meeting.
6. Old Business:
a) Meet and Greet. Motion by Bryan Branstetter and 2nd by Bob Hubbard to have a CC meet and greet in Salem at the next E-Board meeting.
b) Change start time for meetings from 8 am to 8:30 am.
7. New business:
a) New Corrections Brochure: Bryan shared a copy of the new Corrections New Employee brochure that AFSCME is working on. It was suggested that we look at adding information about CC in it.
b) Travel approval for Jeff Coffman: Motion by Bob Hubbard to pay travel expenses for Jeff Coffman to travel to different sites in order to promote the CC. Bryan Branstetter 2nd.
8. Next Meeting: The next Caucus E-Board meeting on Saturday, June 25 in the Portland AFSCME Office at 8:30 am.
July 30 in Portland
Aug 20 in Salem Friday Night – time TBA
9. Adjournment: Motion to adjourn today’s Caucus meeting. The motion passed unanimously. Chair Jeff Coffman adjourned the Caucus meeting at 8:55 am.